Thursday, December 5, 2013

Extra Creit Liteature Anlysis; Persepolis


1. Marjane Satrapi is a young Iranian girl who grew up with hopes and dreams like all little kids, her and everyone’s lives changed when “The Islamic Revolution” started. Everyone had to obey the Shaw and his order’s the girls had to wear veils to cover their hair. Marji’s parents were very supportive of her thoughts and actions. Her grandmother most of all was marji’s best friend! At a young teenage age marji’s mother sent her to Vienna with one of her friends, Marji was so excited to see her friend but while they were in the car marji realized her friend wasn’t the same she was different. After a while her mom’s friend sent marji to a boarding home because they didn’t have any more room in their small apartment but reall6y marji presented a hateful presence from her mom’s friend but marji said okay to the boarding home with the nun’s she there got her own room and roommate she was excited to be an independent adult. But a year later marji got kicked out of the boarding home for insulting the nuns but really they insulted her first from their own marji moved in with her friend Lucia, then with a cranky lady who then annoyed her so much she moved out on the streets she was on the streets for a month or so when she then coughed up blood fainted and ended up in the hospital, she then went back to Iran only to find out that it had changed so much! The streets were named after the martyrs and the dress code increased a lot they now had to cover up from head to toe. Her life was so distraught and melancholy she didn’t go out or want to be around anyone she even tried committing suicide but gave up after failing to. After that she got her life back on track and even got married to a guy who she thought was the love of her life but divorced quickly after realizing it wouldn’t work. She then went back to Vienna to study in a university and become someone successful in life.

2. The theme of this graphic novel is; death, sadness, anger and finding yourself to not judge other have and learn.

3. We as a class choose this book because it was a graphic novel and we had never read one. I’m really glad we read it was an awesome learning experience to learn something new from a different country. It really opened my eyes to a new world and perspective on things, to not take things for granted not everyone in the world is as lucky as we are here in the U.S.A.

4. I found the book very realistic especially because it was real! And Marjane Satrapi hand drew and wrote the book. I made a connection to the book, I’ve made mistakes before and I’ve learned to grow over them it didn’t bring me down as a human it only allowed me to prosper.

5. Marjane’s tone changes throughout, she is happy then sad then very angry as when she say’s “SHUT UP YOU!, GET OUT OF MY LIFE!!! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!” (70.4).

6. One literary element would be imagery, when she say’s “at the age of six I was already sure I was going to be the next prophet.” (6.3). she draws a picture of everyone obeying her rules and kneeling to her feet. Another literary element would be flashback when she say’s “I wanted to forget everything, to make my past disappear, but my unconscious caught up with me.” (194.4). she remembers her home and her parents and everything, she’s home sick.

CHARECTORIZATION  

1. An example of direct characterization is when she say’s “this is me at the age of ten. This was 1980” (3.1).

2. It does change in the beginning its calm and then it changes to dramatic and sadness.

3. Definitely dynamic she changes from a little girl to a young woman and also in the way she thinks.

4. I did feel like I met a real person reading the book made me feel like I was watching someone grow up with all the pictures and details it made me feel like it was all happening. It was a really great book I recommend it to everyone so they can read a brave women’s life.

ENDURING MEMORY

The idea of this book is to get people to understand the Iranian coulter and not be scarred of Iranians. It’s also to make you learn something new maybe you didn’t know how it all starts but now you do and I just want people to read the book I promise you won’t be sorry. It’s a great experience to read something new especially when it’s a true story.

No comments:

Post a Comment